2

July is a time to Re-calibrate

I love July. Not only because it's my birthday month, but because it feels like the middle! Although June is technically our halfway mark to the year, July just feels like a better checkpoint of sorts. And what a great opportunity to evaluate our visions.

This is especially on my mind as I pull up mint.com and realize...where is my money!? Hmm. Looks like I've made some choices that has made my budget very. very. small. Gasp! ughh. and although I'm frustrated that this is the point I've arrived at, this is a perfect time to reflect and re-calibrate.

  • What do you want to accomplish by December?
  • Why do you want to accomplish these things?
    •  ( oh yeah - there was a reason I stopped buying polish at Ulta). 
  • What things are going well that's moving you toward your goals?
  • What's not working so well, and how can you adjust?
So this is awesomely serendipitous because I'm planning a group for the fall: Goal Setting. But of course it's not called Goal Setting because That. Is. B-O-R-I-N-G. and of course - duh. it includes art-making!


Inspired by Personal Geographies, Taking Charge, Tackling the Tough Skills, Lisa Sonora Beam and my own love of vision boards, I'm helping students identify steps in the problem solving process- through cartography. 

Yeah. Cartography. Neat!
I first fell in love with maps reading My Father's Dragon
There will be castles, and mermaids, and treasures, and monsters, and ..well, more stuff. I'm in the middle of tinkering.  

But what perfect timing because of course -good instruction always includes a model example. and who better to do one than me! I'm also taking volunteers to test this out with me. Who wants to make a ___________?! (hmm. I need a cool name...) 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I started using mint.com (again). Le sigh. But I am with you...I need some re-calibrating too.

Chelsea O'Neil - Make Special Productions said...

I love this! I want to play! Can we make maps together?

Back to Top