0

To Your Highest Most Awesome Self

Once Upon A Time....

My girlfriend and I were arguing about something, and whatever I said to get my point across or defend myself, her response was, "Stop being an R.A. you don't have to do that now." She was referring to my language and probably ability to use conflict resolution. I can't help it I'm awesome. 

But I remember that moment so well.. I had shock face on. I said, "I'm not being an R.A. I believe in these things. I DO see the world this way. "

ah. so funny now. We didn't last. for various and obvious reasons. 

I think about that moment a lot and how becoming a Resident Assistant changed everything about me. I think about that moment when some sort of therapy talk comes out of my mouth in my personal life. And I thought about it yesterday when a friend commented on how different I looked. More..official.

It's true. I recently bought a few key pieces and in the past two weeks, I've come to work dressed more professionally. Not corporate suit or anything, but I've been stepping into my adulthood. It was uncomfortable at first..it was new, and I was worried how people would perceive me. 

But as I caught a glance of myself in the mirror today, I recognized myself. I look like me. This is how I should have always been dressing - I just didn't know it. The more exposure I receive, and the more I reflect, the more I make choices that align with who I really am. I'm comfortable. It's easy. 

I'm changing...kinda. What I'm really doing is arriving.

As we register folks for the new school year, I just want to shout - move to your truth, to your highest potential, don't be afraiddd!!Such an incredible journey to have. It takes time, and risk, and love. and it's worth it!  Okay. so that's not crazy hippy hmm... ? 

I AM shouting it in my heart though, and it echos with every hello, every interview, every see-you-in-two-weeks.  

I believe in this. 



*Image from Ellie

0 comments:

Back to Top