2

To Be or Not to Be...

Donica C. Snyder, MA, LPC, ATR-BC, LMNOPQRSTUV

I went to grad school because I really wanted to learn about transpersonal counseling. I didn't necessarily want to become a transpersonal counselor.

What do I do now?  I was taught you go and get your LPC. But do I want that? Do I need that? How does this professional thing work? Am I not a real art therapist if I'm not registered? And what communities do I become a part of? They should be mutually beneficial, right?

I wanted to write this insightful post about credentials, but I haven't arrived at anything insightful. I just have a lot of questions.


?????????????????????????????????????????????

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hear you. Also, why arent we doing this in the classroom-together?

Anonymous said...

There are definitely A LOT of credentials for therapists (of all sorts) these days. But, I often tell people that it doesn't hurt to be licensed and it may open more doors. Of course, the only downside to becoming licensed (if it isn't required for what you want to do now) is maintaining CEUs and the cost.

I'm have my LPC in PA and I will be taking the NY licensure exam next month. In NY, licensure is pretty much required and it will allow me to supervise.

Back to Top